What to Pack?

Generally, I always try to pack for a trip days (if not weeks) before, so I’m not scrambling at the last minute. The one thing that always holds me up is -“what shoes do I bring?” I love shoes, but let’s face it…you can’t wear just any shoes while in Eastern Europe or Russia. Although when you get over there and see what the natives wear, you might think differently.

With the cobblestone streets and the amount of walking you do, it’s best to go with comfort over looks. I did just that when shopping for warm, slip resistant shoes for my trip.

While in Ukraine and Russia last December, I was prepared for any type of weather (or so I thought). After starting my trip in Kiev (with no problems), I went to St. Petersburg where the weather was cold and snowy, though absolutely beautiful! On our day out to Catherine Palace and Pavlovsk, I fell twice (yes, twice!). Can you say tourist? So much for slip resistant shoes. I was completely embarrassed. I couldn’t figure out how our guides walked around in 2 inch stiletto boots when I could barely get around with my safe for grandma, military proof, said to be slip resistant, FLAT boots. I guess it helps that they do it quite often.

And then it happened—one of our guides went down. I felt so bad for her, but at the time I was secretly happy to know that it could happen to anyone.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий