Rézkakas

When I was in Budapest last month, my guide recommended this typical Hungarian restaurant for dinner. I had just arrived from Croatia and wanted to have some great Hungarian food so I decided to go for it.

The restaurant is called Rézkakas and it is about a 15-minute walk from the Four Seasons Gresham, which lucky for me was my home for the night. I have to say: if I did not know Rézkakas was a restaurant (my guide had pointed it out earlier in the day when we drove by it – that’s why the picture is a little blurry) I would have walked right past it.

It’s interesting how their small and discreet entrance brings you into such a beautiful ambiance, with their low lights, live music (violin, cimbalom and bass), and most importantly, their good food!

Even though I always like to try different foods from different countries, I am not so adventurous as to try a lot of different kinds of meats – I normally stick with beef, chicken or fish. However, that night I felt adventurous and decided to have their venison with a blueberry and apple tart and a scrumptious plum sauce. All I can say is WOW on the appetizer and both the main course and desert were amazing! They also have a very nice wine list.

Sitting next to me was an American couple, and between all the “Yums” and “Mmmms”, we started talking. They were also very impressed with the food, and enjoying themselves a lot.

The band played a good part in the overall fun as well. I am not sure how it all started, but at one point the clients would make whistling sounds (anything from imitating birds to REALLY complex sounds) and the violin player would repeat them, right away, on the violin!

Everyone around me seemed to be enjoying themselves so much, I could not help myself – I had to share this little secret. Just make sure to make reservations, or you may not be able to get a table.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий