Plitvice Lakes National Park

Croatia is truly one of my favorite destinations – such a relaxing country, with delicious food and breathtaking natural beauty. When Jade, Leigh and I were there last November, we originally arrived in Zagreb and, afterwards, we drove down to Split. Although flying between the two cities is an option, I definitely recommend driving – mostly because you will have a chance to make a stop at the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is totally worth all the fuss about it.

The park consists of 16 lakes inter-connected by several waterfalls, covering an area of over 70,000 acres! If you are a nature and scenery lover, you can easily spend an entire day there. I cannot tell you how many absolutely magnificent pictures I took – and I still think they do not do the park justice.

We were lucky to have such a GORGEOUS day with no rain or clouds. I say that not only because of my obsession with taking pictures, but the walking path – while very pleasant – would not have been so effortless under rain. Some of the paths are a little uneven, get slippery when wet and for the most part there are no handrails. In addition to that, some of the footbridges are made of logs - so make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes!

Our enjoyable walk ended by a lake and a boat ride followed – such an incredible view! At the end of the ride, we had to go up a lot of steps – so make sure you are prepared to get a workout! Oh, and do not forget to take some water with you.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий