Best Time to Travel...

Everyone always wants to go to St. Petersburg during the White Nights Festival (May 15- July 15th), Munich during Oktoberfest, and Croatia during the summer months but I am here to tell you that I have done it and if you do not like crowds (like the one you see here of people waiting hours to enter the Hermitage Museum), you will not want to be in these places at these times! I have been to St. Petersburg over 10 times and I must say that some of my most enjoyable times have been during the winter months. Mind you, I live in Florida so Russia in the winter is a BIG step out of my comfort zone but well worth it.

We always think that we have to be part of an epic moment to have a memory but I can assure you that whether you see Catherine Palace July 1st or January 1st, you will still be impressed. Better yet, don't you want to be able to walk through the Old Town of Dubrovnik on your own- not with 10,000 of your not-so-close friends? Europe, as do most places, has its high season (when airfare and hotel rates are through the roof) during the summer months (May- September).

If you want to save some money, not have to fight with crowds and ultimately have an island such as Hvar to yourself then I suggest booking your trips during the less peak times, such as October- April.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий