Food in Russia...



Prior to my first trip to Russia, I was so excited to get there and see this amazing country, but on the inside, I was quite nervous about one thing—the food. I don’t think I’m a picky eater, but after comparing my diet with those I work with…I am extremely picky. As you know, Russia is known for its caviar and vodka-two things that I do NOT enjoy. After my first meal, which included both of those things, I couldn’t help but think…it’s going to be a long 7 days!

I did finally find something I liked- Pelmeni. Pelmeni are amazing dumplings filled with pork or beef. YUM! Once I discovered these marvelous little balls of dough, I think I ordered them at every meal. A very close second to the Pelmeni was a starter we had while out in the country at one of our recommended restaurants- Podvorye. Podvorye is a cute wooden cabin in the village of Pavlovsk with outstanding food. We sat down at our table and were immediately served vodka. I politely declined. Next thing I know they placed the most beautiful tomatoes down on the table. But they weren’t just tomatoes-they had this awesome garlic, cheese and herb mixture spread on top. I could have eaten just those for lunch. Too bad, I had to share.

So as you can see, I ended up faring pretty well in the food department….who needs caviar and vodka when you have pelmeni and tomatoes!

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий